LMS Route: Evesham to Birmingham
Halesowen Junction: mrhj754
Ex-MR 3P 4-4-0 No 714 is seen north of Halesowen Junction at
the head of an up express service to Birmingham. The class were originally
built by Deeley between 1900 and 1905 and were later rebuilt by Fowler from
1913 onwards incorporating superheating. They were the locomotive of choice for
many years on the Bristol to Birmingham route eventually being superceded by
the Compounds built by the LMS from the mid-1920s onwards.