LMS Route: Evesham to Birmingham
Halesowen Junction: mrhj183
Ex-MR 2P 4-4-0 No 426 is seen on the new down fast line
whilst at the head of a down service to Gloucester circa 1929. In this view the
splasher plates fitted beneath the bufferbeam as seen in 'mrn321' have been removed. A member of the Midland
Railway's 483 class, No 426 was built by Derby works in September 1896 and
lasted in service until withdrawn from Barrow Rd shed in October 1957 to be
scrapped at Derby works the following month.