LMS Route: Birmingham New Street to Nuneaton
Birmingham New Street to Tamworth
Duddeston Road: mrdr1002
Ex-LMS 5MT 4-6-0 No 45059 passes Duddeston Road Junction
signal box with a down express train for New Street station on 5th July 1953.
On the left are Duddeston Sidings which could accommodate 439 wagons on twelve
sidings plus another 59 wagons on Nechells (City) Gas Works sidings both of
which were accessed from lines originating at Saltley Junction signal box. See
image 'mrsalt676' for a view of the junction and
Saltley Junction signal box, and image 'mrls944' for
a view of the schematic drawing showing the juxtaposition of the sidings and
both signal boxes. Built as LMS No 5059 at the Vulcan Foundry in December 1935,
No 45059 remained in service until July 1967 when it was withdrawn from 8C
Speke Junction shed.