LMS Route: Birmingham West Suburban Railway
Church Road Station: mrchrd868
Elevated view looking in the direction of Kings Norton
showing the now long abandoned station on 4th July 1954. Church Road station
was opened in April 1876 but closed on 1st January 1925 one of a number of
casualties of the post 'Great War' recession. Its central location within
Birmingham meant that public transport offered residents a much more convenient
and cheaper service.