LMS Route: Rugby to Wolverhampton
Ex-LMS No 44872 passes Stechford No 1 Signal Box on an up
Civil Engineers train towards Coventry on 8th March 1961. Built as LMS No 5362
by Crewe works in March 1945, No 444872 received its British Railways number in
March 1949 which it carried until September 1967 when it was withdrawn from 10D
Lockstock Hall shed to be scrapped.
This photograph is also available from the RCTS (Railway
Correspondence and Travel Society), copies can be ordered directly from them
using the link here.
Please quote MM00222C.