LMS Route: Rugby to Wolverhampton
Ex-LMS 4P 2-6-4T No 42544 is seen crossing the Midland
Railway's New Street to Derby route in December 1957. The lines seen behind the
Stanier locomotive lead to Nechalls Power Station not
Washwood Heath gasworks as might be thought by the gas holders in the distance.
The train is a local football special originating from Coventry and destined
for Witton. Built by Derby works in December 1935, No 42544 remained in service
until December 1962 when it was withdrawn from 5C Stafford shed.