Ex-LNWR 3P 4-4-0 George Fifth class No 25393 'Loyalty' is seen at the head of an excursion passing through Leamington Avenue station. To the left of the train on the down platform is the Gentlemen's toilets which has three different poster boards fixed to the outside wall. From the left they headed the LMS, GWR and LNER each with a poster advertising a holiday resort.
Built at Crewe works in April 1913 as LNWR No 1680, 'Loyalty' was originally to be named 'Plynlimmon' but this decision was rescinded prior to being shopped. The LMS renumbered in No 5393 in February 1924 and was later placed on the duplicate list by the addition of 20000 to the number and as such remained in service until May 1941 when it was withdrawn from service.
The duplicate list came in to being because from 1928 the LMS started to follow GWR practice by allocating blocks of numbers to specific types of locomotives. The LMS Patriot class built under Fowler regime and then Stanier's Jubilee and mixed traffic 'Black 5s' all occupied the 5000 - 5999 range on numbers. Locomotives bearing numbers in this range such as 'Loyalty' therefore needed to have new numbers and the simplistic method was to add 20000 to their existing number.