Plan showing the throat of Curzon Street Goods Station
including the buildings erected to service the yard.
In connection with the main line alterations around Curzon
Street, a new signal cabin was built to control the main line layout. Curzon
Street No. 1 cabin was built in 1892 in the space between sidings 15 and 16
adjacent to the existing yard master's office. Since all the points in the yard
were worked from the cabin, it was necessary for the signalman to have a good
view of the whole yard. The yard master's office (A on the plan) was a
two-storey structure, the top storey being removed so that the signalman could
see over the roof. This change necessitated the construction of some new office
and other accommodation. The drawing shows the existing buildings and the new
ones provided in 1891-2.
||Existing two-storey brick office. Top storey removed
1891-2 and roof replaced at lower level. Brick chimney also shortened. The
altered building was used as the yard master's office from this time until the
||Existing brick hut.
|C & D
||New brick coal store and ash place, each 10ft x 9ft
||New toilet block.
|| New brick hut 6ft x 8ft in plan.
| G & H
||New pair of Mr. Webb's standard timber portable huts,
each 16ft 8in x 8ft in plan.
||New two-storey brick office building 12ft x 12ft in
plan with external wooden staircase.
The realignment of sidings carried out in 1912 resulted in
the buildings located between sidings 25 and 26 being demolished.