LMS Route: Rugby to Wolverhampton
Canley Halt: lnwrchg542a
Close up of image 'lnwrcgh542' showing ex-LMS 8F 2-8-0 No
48752 working 'wrong' road as part of a Civil Engineers train. Built by the
LNER at Darlington works in October 1946 and given the LNER classification 'O7'
No 48752 remained in service after being transferred back to the London Midland
Division of British Railways until the very last month of steam operations on
British Railways being withdrawn in August 1968 from Rose Grove shed to be
scrapped in February 1969 by TW Ward Ltd at Beighton near Sheffield. On the
right one of the Halt's simple glass lantern case which housed an oil lamp to
light the platform can be seen.
Photographer John Hyde © Steam Archive