Birmingham New Street Station: lnwrbns_str1866
View from one of the windows in the Queens Hotel across the
footbridge towards the section of Queens Drive covered by the canopy. To the
right is the stone balustrade that was incorporated within the lattice
steelwork and for at least the set of steps a stone spindle too. The floor
covering was timber planking and as seen in this view, prior to the
introduction of chewing gum, was remarkably clean despite eleven years of use.
The colonnade of columns seen in the distance marked the boundary of the
original station with the steel trusses fixed in between the columns indicating
where the canopy over Queens Drive commenced. This photograph was taken on the
same day in September 1885 as images 'lnwrbns_str405', 'lnwrbns_str402' and was probably associated with
opening of the extension to New Street station.