LMS Route: Rugby to Tamworth
Tamworth Station: lnwr_tam3652
LMS 'Royal Scot' class 4-6-0 No 6135 'Samson' is seen at the
head of a heavily loaded up express service at Tamworth. Built by the North
British Locomotive Company in October 1927, No 6135 was renamed 'The East
Lancashire Regiment' in May 1936 following rebuilding with a tapered 2A boiler
in January 1947 No 6135 remained in service until December 1962 when it was
withdrawn from Holbeck shed.