·  LMS  ·  GWR  ·  LNER  ·  Misc  ·  Stations  ·  What's New  ·  Video  ·  Guestbook  ·  About

LMS Route: Nuneaton to Leamington

Longford & Exhall: lnwr_le3422

A 1936 Ordnance Survey map of Longford & Exhall Station and the three sidings used as part of marshalling traffic for the Wyken Colliery

A 1936 Ordnance Survey map of Longford & Exhall Station and the three sidings used as part of marshalling traffic for the Wyken Colliery. On the right two sets of tracks, one either side of the double track forming the branch to Nuneaton, can be seen. These ran top the junction with the LNWR's Wyken Colliery Branch which had a substantial number of sidings in place, eight in 1912 and thirteen in 1923. Its thought the sidings adjacent to Longford & Exhall station were used to accommodate inbound empty wagons originating from the south and west of the country.

back